Monday, June 8, 2015

National Review Article with Scott Sumner

National Review published an article today by me and Scott Sumner.  For readers coming here from NR, if you are interested in some of the details I have been working on in the housing area, I have about 37 parts of an ongoing series in the calendar links to the right.

Here is a recent post that looks at the drag on real incomes of renting households coming out of the 5 big problem metro areas - New York, San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Washington DC.  And here is a follow up rant to that post.

Thanks to Scott and to National Review for generously allowing me to share some of my work.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations.
    I know this probably takes up enough of your time anyway, but you should find a way to get those 37 posts into one PDF/epub (and automatically add future ones).
    www.blogbooker.com
    That would probably get them the deserved wider reading.

    Or maybe just add a page with all the links on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Johannes. And thanks for the link.

      I have been finding so many tangents to follow that this series has gone deeper than I thought it would. At the end, I will create a reference page. And, I was thinking of doing something much like you suggest. I think the end result would fit nicely in a book format, because I think I have some theoretical starting points, some empirical evidence, and some policy implications. In the meantime, I have several tangents yet to follow, so I suspect I'll have many more than 50 posts before I'm done. In some of my previous multi-part series, I had an outline of ideas when I started, but I'm just kind of following my nose on this one. It's the magic of blogging. I can share my findings as I consider them, and a few interested folks like yourself put in your 2 cents along the way. And, in the end, I hope you're right and I have something worth spreading the word about.

      Delete
    2. Oh, you definitely have something worth spreading the word about! And congrats on the article, well done.
      Chuck E.

      Delete